At three months old Ronja has discovered you can never have too many friends!! The critters wholeheartedly agree.
The critters would like to introduce their newest and most special friend, Ronja, who joined the family two weeks ago today!! They're very excited and pleased with her and spend hours just staring at her sleep (an activity she seems quite fond of).
Our online shop is still open for business, however in these early months it could take up to two weeks for your goodies to arrive. If you're in a hurry, MonsterThreads stores are a great place to pick up a critter or two.
Change is in the air at the Herbert House.. Firstly the critters are getting ready to welcome a special new friend into the mix in just 3 short weeks!!! The excitement is building as they wait (a little impatiently) for the stork to arrive.
In the meantime we'll be moving to a new Herbert House to make space for the new friend. The house will be missed but everyone's excited for the change!
Here are a few final photos from the Herbert House as the critters look towards the future!
You may be wondering what the critters have been up to during the summer - here's a little update.
Norris the Yeti - getting back to nature and swimming in waterfalls.
Gina the Giraffe - eating as much of her favourite ice cream (cookies and cream) as she possibly can.
Alice the Alpaca - setting off for the beach everyday (rain, hail or shine)!
Patrick the Yak - working on a beautiful french embroidery which he hopes to finish sometime this year (it's much harder than it looks).
I hope you've all had an equally great start to 2015!
The critters would like to wish all their friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for being excellent friends and making 2014 a fantastic year!
Happy first day of summer! To make sure no one overheats this summer, Patrick has decided to share his own personal survival guide.
1. Locate the most powerful fan within a 10m radius from where you currently find yourself, make your way over to it and stand in front of it. This will not only cool you down but also improve your hairdo at the same time!
2. Eat copious amounts of Zooper Doopers! Some flavours may have a faster cooling effect so Patrick recommends trying them all before choosing a favourite.
3. Think back and remember a time when you were really cold. Patrick's go-to memory is from his trip to Japan - the day Rosa the Raccoon ambushed him with a stealthy snowball attack!
4. Put your head in the freezer, or if you're small enough, like Patrick, you might be able to fit your whole body in the freezer! Patrick recommends you do this for no more than 10 seconds at a time. This method can be so effective you might end up with icicles in your hair!
5. Lastly is the classic 'getting a friend to spray you with a hose' method. This can be a lot of fun and cooling at the same time! Also, If you do this while standing in the garden bed, the plants get watered at the same time.
Patrick hopes these handy hints help you survive summer! if you have any favourite ways of staying cool, Patrick would love to hear them!
The critters and I are looking forward to some exciting markets coming up in the next month! First up is the Big Design Market in Melbourne on the 5th, 6th and 7th December, followed by the always delightful Finders Keepers Sydney market on the 12th and 13th December. Melbournians and Sydney-siders put it in your diaries!
The critters want to wish everyone a happy halloween with the perfect amount of sugary treats and an abundance of scary costumes!
Tomorrow the Herbert House is having a garage sale, as part of the Garage Sale Trail! Gina the Giraffe thought this would be an excellent opportunity to sell some of her world famous, mouth-watering carrot and pineapple cupcakes.
She recruited Esmeralda the Unicorn to help with the venture and started by explaining the recipe step by step.
Then they got to work grating, pouring, chopping and mixing.
When it came to stirring the final mixture together they decided it was best if they did it together, it is after all the funnest bit.
Then they took turns spooning the mixture into the tray. Esmeralda had to concentrate with all her being not to spill any (or eat the mixture).
25 mins in the oven later and their marvellous carrot and pineapple cupcakes were ready! All they need now is some delicious cream cheese icing in the morning and some hungry garage sale customers. If you're a local and want to taste these mouth-watering marvels, the garage sale will be held at:
47 Great Buckingham Street, Redfern
9am - 3pm.
Hope to see you there!
The critters are packing in preparation for their big trip to Melbourne (some of them are hoping to move there). Come by the Finders Keepers Market and say hi if you're around the neighbourhood! We'll be there Friday evening and all day Saturday.
The Royal Exhibition Building
9 Nicholson Street, Carlton
Friday 17th October from 6pm-10pm
Saturday 18th October from 10am-5pm