I feel a little bad about being a terrible blogger of late. Basically all I've been doing is frantically sewing and there is only so much I can say about it. My little creatures are taking over our living space and there's barely anywhere to sit, be it on the couch or on the floor. I actually quite like having them all around but only for limited amount of time so by Sunday I'll be ready to say goodbye to some of them and see them on their way to a new home.
The latest Finders Keepers news is that their designer profiles for the upcoming market is up on their website, below is a little picture of my updated profile. If you'd like to check out all the profiles click here.
I'm acutely aware that it's nearing the end of April so I have to confess that I haven't had time to work on the typewriter this month but I still have every intention of finishing it. I have a different monthly masterpiece I have to work on and complete in May so the typewriter might have to wait until I get back from my Sweden trip in July.
I hope everyone is having a great week and if you're looking for something to do on Sunday come down to the Eveleigh Artisan's Market!
I was just reading Rebecca's (Blinking Flights) blog post 'seven things' and when I got to the bottom I saw she had tagged me to write seven things about myself.
1. I love yoghurt and eat it for dessert every night. My favourite brand is Paris Creek followed by Gippsland.
2. I have en extreme love for sport (not all sports, mainly basketball and netball) that is quite uncharacteristic of my personality. Whenever I can I watch netball on TV and look at the players with so much envy, how I would love to play professionally!
3. I have incredibly vivid dreams every night, often re-enacting what happened during the day. Yesterday I spent 10 hours cutting out fabric so last night I had one of those dreams that seems to go on forever about cutting out fabric, and every piece I cut out was slightly off.
4. I'm progressively getting more and more phobic of speaking on the phone, it makes me anxious. I'm fine talking to friends but if I don't recognise the number calling me it instantly makes me nervous.
5. I can't go to the movies without getting a choc top. I simply will not see a film without a choc top!
6. My favourite movie is The Squid and the Whale. It used to be Dogville.
7. I'm vegetarian and would like to become vegan but I'm generally pretty lazy when it comes to cooking so it's easier for me not to be and I eat a lot of eggs, cheese and obviously yoghurt. I feel bad that I'm not vegan but clearly not bad enough to change.
Now I'll pass it on to Amanda, Alana, Susan, Riyo and Amy
This week I've been having internet issues which is so frustrating!!! I'm so dependent on it for communicating and retrieving information it's hard to remember a time when it didn't exist. Without it I feel so disconnected and I start to wonder what emails I'm missing out on. I get a similar feeling when I leave my mobile at home by accident and I'll check it as soon as I walk in the door only to discover that no one has tried to contact me. One good thing about no internet is I'm getting lots of sewing done. I have finished a batch of sloths and wombats, and I'm in the process of making a batch of anteaters.
You may have noticed that I'll be having a stall at the Eveleigh Artisans' market the weekend before Finders Keepers which I hadn't entirely factored in so now I'm a little stressed about getting everything done. With a bit of luck and time management I should be ok!
I hope everyone is having a good week!
I'm super happy to announce that Eight Sparrows and I will be sharing a stall again at the next Finders Keepers Market! They have just posted a directory of designers for the upcoming market on their blog and there really are some awesome looking designers, you can have a look at them here. It will be held at the CarriageWorks on the 7th and 8th of May so if you're in Sydney you should come and check it out. All my new softies will be for sale including the fox, sloth, anteater, turtle, wombat and alpaca. I'll be sewing like crazy until then getting it all ready!
Yesterday I had my first stall at the Eveleigh Artisans Market! It was a lot of fun and an awesome market to be part of. Everyone, stall holders and customers, were super friendly and encouraging. It was everything I'd hoped it would be and I could even get up at a civilised hour because it's so close and well organised. After the market we went down to the park for some ultimate frisbee (or some variation of it) and badminton. Apart from that I've had a pretty low-key and relaxing Easter and I've only eaten one Easter egg, which the Easter Bunny at the market gave me.
I hope everyone had/are still having an awesome Easter weekend!