The critters and I are looking forward to some exciting markets coming up in the next month! First up is the Big Design Market in Melbourne on the 5th, 6th and 7th December, followed by the always delightful Finders Keepers Sydney market on the 12th and 13th December. Melbournians and Sydney-siders put it in your diaries!
The critters want to wish everyone a happy halloween with the perfect amount of sugary treats and an abundance of scary costumes!
Tomorrow the Herbert House is having a garage sale, as part of the Garage Sale Trail! Gina the Giraffe thought this would be an excellent opportunity to sell some of her world famous, mouth-watering carrot and pineapple cupcakes.
She recruited Esmeralda the Unicorn to help with the venture and started by explaining the recipe step by step.
Then they got to work grating, pouring, chopping and mixing.
When it came to stirring the final mixture together they decided it was best if they did it together, it is after all the funnest bit.
Then they took turns spooning the mixture into the tray. Esmeralda had to concentrate with all her being not to spill any (or eat the mixture).
25 mins in the oven later and their marvellous carrot and pineapple cupcakes were ready! All they need now is some delicious cream cheese icing in the morning and some hungry garage sale customers. If you're a local and want to taste these mouth-watering marvels, the garage sale will be held at:
47 Great Buckingham Street, Redfern
9am - 3pm.
Hope to see you there!
The critters are packing in preparation for their big trip to Melbourne (some of them are hoping to move there). Come by the Finders Keepers Market and say hi if you're around the neighbourhood! We'll be there Friday evening and all day Saturday.
The Royal Exhibition Building
9 Nicholson Street, Carlton
Friday 17th October from 6pm-10pm
Saturday 18th October from 10am-5pm
The critters are gearing up for their next Melbourne visit on the 17th and 18th October at the Finders Keepers Market! Put it in your diary and see you there Melbournians!
Spring is here and it has finally stopped raining! To celebrate this special occasion the critters played hide-and-seek in the garden for five hours straight! Xavier was the outstanding winner, it turns out he's quite the hide-and-seek expert despite his conspicuously striking stripes.
It's been raining for days at the Herbert House. Alice the alpaca tried to lead an expedition out into the rain for a puddle stomping adventure. Willis refused to go, using every excuse imaginable, but soon it became clear that Willis (despite being a turtle) has a fear of rain!
Alice then took it upon herself to help Willis get over his fear which resulted in many hours standing on the balcony watching the rain.
1. Draw a picture of somewhere hot and visualise yourself into the scene (WARNING: Norris found the desert too hot; he started overheating and suffering from mild dehydration). He recommends a tropical island with a comfortable hammock and plenty of coconuts.
2. Have a beanie party with your friends! If you've never been to a beanie party, Norris suggests reading his guide to a bonza beanie party which he's hoping to get published before the end of winter.
3. Start a new knitting project. You can never have too many scarves! A warm coloured yarn is best, simply looking at the colour will warm you up. Fun knitting-needles is also a plus, Norris particularly likes clear ones with glitter inside.
4. Spontaneously give a friend a gift! This will leave you both with a warm-fuzzy feeling that lasts for hours! To increase the warm-fuzzy feeling be sure to give your friend something you made yourself (a knitted scarf is perfect!).
5. Eat as many English muffins as possibly! Ideally they should be homemade by an awesome housemate (in the absence of an awesome housemate they can be store bought but the warming effect may be slightly diminished).
Norris hopes he's helped warm up your winter days!
Norris packing his bag for his weekend in Melbourne! Number one on the list is lots of his favourite snacks (who knows if they have them in Melbourne), number two is a beanie in case it's really as cold as everyone says it is, and finally his toothbrush because he's quite frond of his two teeth!
Melbourne friends, the Finders Keepers market is fast approaching! Only 7 days to go! See you next Friday!